Who Can Submit

NMU Commons only publishes scholarly projects produced under the auspices of Northern Michigan University.

Formatting guidelines for projects created for the Doctor of Nursing Practice program are available at DNP Scholarly Project Guidelines Handbook.

Rights and Permissions

Submission Agreement for Doctor of Nursing Practice Projects

Before submitting a paper to the repository, authors should be sure that all necessary permissions have been cleared. Authors retain the copyright to their own paper and grant Northern Michigan University the non-exclusive right to publish this material, meaning that the author may also publish it elsewhere.

It is necessary that the author agrees to the terms of publishing in the repository listed here:

• I hold the copyright to this document and verify that this scholarly project and abstract are my original work. Proper attribution has been given to all outside sources. I understand that I am solely responsible for obtaining any needed copyright permissions. I have obtained and attached hereto needed written permission statement(s) from the owner(s) of each third‐party copyrighted matter to be included in my work, allowing electronic distribution (if such use is not permitted by the fair use doctrine).
  • I warrant that the posting of the work does not infringe any copyright, nor violate any proprietary rights, nor contain any libelous matter, nor invade the privacy of any person or third party, nor otherwise violate repository policies.
  • I hereby grant to Northern Michigan University and its agents the irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free license to archive and make accessible my scholarly project in whole or in part in all forms of media, now or hereafter known. I agree that my scholarly project may be made available immediately following approval for worldwide access unless an embargo applies. I retain all other ownership rights to the copyright of my work. I also retain the right to use in future works (such as articles or books) all or part of my work. I understand that I am free to register the copyright to my work.

For additional information on any of these policies please contact Melissa Romero (mromero@nmu.edu).