Conspectus Borealis Submission Policies
Any undergraduate student at Northern Michigan University is eligible to submit scholarly and/or creative works to Conspectus Borealis, provided the submission adheres to the following criteria:
- The submission must be completed during a student’s time as an undergraduate at Northern Michigan University. Work completed at other universities will not be accepted.
- Students must upload a signed faculty approval form with their scholarly and/or creative works.
- The submission may not be an audio or video project. These file types can only be included as supplementary files for text based projects.
- All submissions must be made electronically to the "Submit Work" link by the date featured in the schedule below.
- If submitting a visual piece within the fine arts:
- Submit a photograph or scan of the work, as well as its title and dimensions.
- Provide a thorough explanation of the methods and materials used to create the piece as well as the reasoning as to why the piece was created as it was.
- If applicable, provide any necessary citations or context surrounding the subject of the piece in the aforementioned explanation.
- Remove your name from your submission so that our staff can review your submission without bias.
- Fill out the submission form in the “Submit Work” link to completion.
- Late submissions cannot be accepted except in the case of an extenuating circumstance. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with an appropriate explanation if an extension is needed.
- Papers written in French, German, or Spanish are acceptable, provided a student adheres to the above criteria and has a Language Lab Approval Form filled out to completion. You may obtain this form from 153 Whitman Hall or from the Conspectus Borealis website (Language Lab Approval Form).