Conspectus Borealis Submission Policies
Any undergraduate student at Northern Michigan University is eligible to submit scholarly and/or creative works to Conspectus Borealis, provided the submission adheres to the following criteria:
- The submission must be completed during a student’s time as an undergraduate at Northern Michigan University. Work completed at other universities will not be accepted.
- Students must obtain a “Faculty Approval Form for Submissions” from the Conspectus Borealis Office at 153 Whitman Hall or from the Conspectus Borealis website (Faculty Approval Form), and have it completed by an appropriate faculty member. This form must be turned in in hard copy to the Conspectus Borealis Office at 153 Whitman Hall by the date featured in the schedule below.
- The submission may not be in audio or video format.
- All submissions must be made electronically to the "Submit Work" link by the date featured in the schedule below.
- If submitting a visual piece within the fine arts:
- Submit a photograph or scan of the work, as well as its title and dimensions.
- Provide a thorough explanation of the methods and materials used to create the piece as well as the reasoning as to why the piece was created as it was.
- If applicable, provide any necessary citations or context surrounding the subject of the piece in the aforementioned explanation.
- Remove your name from your submission so that our staff can review your submission without bias.
- Fill out the submission form in the “Submit Work” link to completion.
- Late submissions cannot be accepted except in the case of an extenuating circumstance. Please contact email@example.com with an appropriate explanation if an extension is needed.
- Papers written in French, German, or Spanish are acceptable, provided a student adheres to the above criteria and has a Language Lab Approval Form filled out to completion. You may obtain this form from 153 Whitman Hall or from the Conspectus Borealis website (Language Lab Approval Form).